My core strengths are in computational biology and visual science communication, while my academic interests are primarily in evolution, ecology, and biological theory.
How does disturbance affect the establishment of new polyploid plant species?
I tackled this problem by creating an individual-based model, from scratch in R, which simulated the biological system in-silico. I also made the model available as an R package on GitHub.
- Biology (Bsc Hons) / University of Stirling / 2016 – Present.
- Human Physiology & Psychology (Lvl 3 Diploma) / Lancashire Adult Learning / 2014 – 2015.
- Freelance Web Developer / 2014 – 2019.
- Freelance Ecological Surveyer (Surveying Bats and Birds) / Direct Ecology / 2018.
- Freelance Shiny App Development (Creating Educational Tools for Population and Community Ecology) / University of Stirling / 2017.
- Head of Design / WUKMedia / 2007 – 2014.
- R / Tidyverse / Shiny
- CSS / SCSS / SASS / LESS
- Unix / Sys Admin
- Version Control / Git
These are the most recent science posters I have created during my Biology degree at the University of Stirling (using Adobe Illustrator).
Cyclin-dependant-like kinase 5’s role in Alzheimer’s (with a focus on inhibition) / Solo project / Autumn 2019.
How new modes of predation gave rise to Chondrichthyes diversity / Group project / Spring 2019.
- English / First language.
- Norwegian / Beginner.